A D-Day revival event is not to be missed! This June for the third year running, the village of Southwick is joining in partnership with Southwick Park to commemorate the anniversary of D-Day. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for visitors from all over the world to breathe in the atmosphere of those historic days at the nerve-centre of Operation Overlord.
New for 2016: Battle of Britain Memorial Flight!
Saturday 11th June 4pm – Lancaster Hurricane, Spitfire
Sunday 12th June 2:55pm – Lancaster
Military speakers in the event marquee over the weekend.
Village defence briefings by the Home Guard.
Military vehicle cavalcade through the village.
Children’s vintage funfair.
Sign up to our mailing list below to be sent updates about the Southwick Revival 2016 and for your chance to buy tickets before they go on general release!
For an idea of why the Southwick Revival has taken the revival event calendar by storm, click here to have a look at the 2015 review page!
A most unwarlike, sleepy little Hampshire village… if you discount:
- The passage of the Roman and Norman invaders
- The Roman road and Saxon forts
- One of the wealthiest priories in the south of England
- The ancestral homes of the dynastic family of Southwick landowners
- The Operations Centre for the start of the 100 Years War
- Hampshire involvement in the Civil War
- D-Day and the liberation of Europe from Nazi Germany
- The war games centre for the Falklands campaign;
- Royal visits including King John, Henry III, Edward III, Henry IV, Henry VIII, Charles I, George I, George VI and Elizabeth II
- and the unique donative church of St James ‘without the Priory Gates’.
Follow the revival – Facebook.com/DDayRevival2016